Mighty Mighty Monthly





Recently I've been setting up at the Mighty Mighty Monthly Comic Con and Toy Show here in Philly which is run by my good pals over at Frankenstein Comics . It's a great little show put on once a month at the International House in University City. Being a small show allows me to talk to get to know not just the fans who attend but also the artists/ creators who do as well, all of whom are just awesome people. I highly recommend going at least once, not just to see my beautiful face in person, but to check out other local talent as well and maybe even buy an actual comic book (now you too can feel nostalgia of buying paper printed literature and be the envy of every kid over 25 in your office)!

Above are a few of the commissions I've done for fans. I've been going to conventions since 2002 (i think?) and doing commissions at almost all of them but still haven't gotten used to drawing in front of people. Doing these monthly shows is helping me break out of that self-conscious fog. A part of me wants to make a piece of art that makes women swoon, dogs howl, and grown men vomit in excitement and another part wants to do it without messing up something that people paid hard earned money for. So it's a lot to think about.

No comments: