Thor of Thursday

スパイダーマン  Supaidāman & THOR

A year ago a fellow colleague of mine REAU started a blog called Thor Thursday. Be sure to check it! The above piece is my contribution to his big finale in lieu of the release of the Thor movie this coming weekend.

As you can see I had a lot of fun with the subject matter. I was always a fan of the Japanese Spidey TV show. Plus with anime versions of the X-Men, Wolverine, & Iron Man being made I thought it proper to give Thor his time in the sun. 

The paint style I used was really loose. I found it the best way to learn painting is to be just that, loose. Being uptight with how you work is only going to corner you. Go into a piece with this mindset, 'I don't give a Sh!t'. If you color outside the lines...fine! If the shadows you're dropping aren't %100 accurate...great!  A great way to shake yourself free.

No comments: