Tokusatsu a go go baby!


So I came down with a fever this past week, conveniently on the only 2 days i have off per week! Awesome! While I sat and gave into the inevitable aches, pains, coughing up of bodily fluid I decided to make the most of it and made myself a new avatar for 2010.

Recently I've had an affinity for all things Tokusatsu. From Kamen Rider to Giant Robo, they all hold a special place in my heart. And what a better way to geek out than becoming one yourself.

I decided to do all the coloring 'cel' style since I wasn't looking to spend too much time on it. And instead focused on color theory. For those who are ever stumped on which color schemes to roll with on certain pieces, I highly recommend using Kuler. It's run by Adobe systems so transferring color from the site to Photoshop is a cake walk. Plus it's all FREE :)

Here's a B-side/Evil ver. scheme I wound up doing.






No comments: